Saturday 28 July 2007

Tomoe Japanese Cuisine

Starter:
Pictures here are courtesy of Orange because I brought my camera with me but not my memory card -.-



One of the places I frequent for Japanese food in Kuching is Tomoe Japanese Cuisine.

This Japanese restaurant is located at the Jalan Mendu shophouses near Chung Hua No.5. The reason why you may not have seen it before is because it is hidden from the main road.

The interior is simplistic, but WHO CARES when they serve great food for a reasonable price. The staff are friendly and always willing to serve you. With all these in mind, its a surprise that the restaurant is never full whenever I go there. I think Tomoe is underrated or not visible enough.

Mixed Sushi (Regular) - RM16.00

As with most Japanese restaurants, Tomoe boasts a sushi bar where the chef will whip out your favorite sushi.

Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pizza) - RM12.00

The signature dish of Tomoe is the Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pizza). Okonomiyaki usually includes chopped cabbage and various toppings like thinly sliced pork, red ginger, yakisoba noodles, tenkasu (tempura crumbs), corn, green onion, squid, shrimp, dried bonito flakes, bean sprouts, and more.

I have no idea what ingredients Tomoe put in their Okonomiyaki, but it sure looks and tastes good! It is so tempting that you can see the bonito flakes waving at you when the dish is served straight from the kitchen.

California Maki (8 pcs) - RM14.00

The California Maki is another must-have dish at Tomoe. For just RM14, you get 8 pieces of great-tasting-pants-wetting California Maki. Somehow, the juicy Tobiko (Flying-fish roe / orange-colored-eggs-thingy) on the California Maki is what makes it taste so good.

Tenzaru Soba - RM12.80

Tomoe Japanese Cuisine Sdn. Bhd.
Address: Ground Floor, Lot 9896, Section 64, Jalan Mendu, 93200 Kuching.
Phone Number: 082-335399
Fax Number: 082-341425

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okonomiyaki! ^^ yummy~ yummy~

Sukiyuki and power soup ler? :naughty:

Next time jez left the memory card inside ur camera laa ;)

Galvin said...

The Sukiyaki doesn't look very tempting... and definitely not the power soup lol.

Anonymous said...

oh shit u gotta take me here when i go back. 16 bucks are u kidding me? that's like....the price of 2.5 pieces here.

i kid u not...u'll prolly see the biggest bill ever for 2 ppl when u take me.

Anonymous said...

For your love towards Jap food, I think you're just short of learning Jap language. Put that in your to-do list.

Galvin said...

Gid: haha if i visited your place there, u'll prolly see the smallest bill ever for 2 ppl.

Flo: I'll stick to eating for the time being ;)

CK Ng said...

That's my favourite place for Japanese food in Kuching!

Anonymous said...

I was conned by the lovely remarks by the local bloggers who had their meal at Tomoe Restaurant. Their service was awful, misplaced order (my main course never arrive and the waitress who took my order was indenial…and the meal needed to take another 15mins for it to be ready) and mind you a Japanese restaurant serving local rice instead of Japanese short grain rice???

Anonymous said...

schedule fioricetwestward fioricet

Both he and eddie jordan were distributed population of the stream and role of the population for december, there.