Tuesday 7 August 2007

Pay For Breathing

There is a particular eatery that's infamous for charging for every little thing. The name of the kopitiam shall not be revealed (It's the kopitiam near Thompson's Corner, Nanas Road!!!).

You are welcomessss.

During a recent visit there, I did not see the signboard/menu that indicates the charges for items which we would normally get for FREE at other eateries. It's a good thing I snapped a picture of it a while back.

Now imagine if you are a foreign visitor that ONLY speaks English. It would be pretty shocking to see this.....




Extra air for 30 cents "only". I knew that one day oxygen would be costly!!

So make sure you take a deep breath before entering, gobble up all your food, pay and leave before you die of suffocation.

6 comments:

cyrildason said...

I got to hand it to you..

If I were to choose between your blogs and another well-known blogger which name starts with K, you will be my first choice.

Adding you on my site for the list of blogs i enjoy.

Galvin said...

cdason: Wow... very flattering... but I wouldn't compare myself to Mr.K ... haha. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

seriously speaking though, the initial impression of your blog REALLY hits me as another K-wannabe; the language, the focus, the sarcasm, the reviews, the heavy-laden photos, etc etc etc.

On the other hand, some of the more recent posts have shown some originality.

6-pence worth.

Galvin said...

Flo: Haha. Well, I especially didn't want to imitate anyone but can't help it if there's some similarities.

J said...

Petrol stations better la

Air & Angin
Air & Water

Anonymous said...

Especially since you were once a big fan, right? Somehow, unconsciously...it just happened *kaboom!*

Keep the originals coming! :)