Tuesday 17 July 2007

Kuching Chicken Porridge

Starter:
I was at "World Wonder" Saberkas browsing pirated
DVDs when i felt the floor beneath me shook at certain intervals. Anybody else has a similar experience?


Judging from the extremely faded signboard, I assume that Kuching Chicken Porridge at Jalan Nanas (Nanas Road) has been in business for a long time. Despite living in Kuching all my life, it was my first time there. Yes i know shaddap!

I don't normally eat porridge for dinner, but if you do then head out to Kuching Chicken Porridge. It only operates nightly from 7:30pm to 10:30pm, Monday to Saturday.

Be wary that they might start operating from 7:00pm. When I was there around 7:40pm and wanted to order a side dish of chicken meat, they said that it was sold out. WTF!! Only 7:40pm! The porridge may also be sold out by 9:00pm, so arrive early.

The porridge itself is thick and fragrant. There is a distinct aroma that separates it from the rest of the porridges sold in Kuching. Add minimal pepper and light soy sauce as the taste is sufficiently rich.

The Mushroom Chicken Leg side order is a must if you like chicken feet. It's tasty and complements the porridge well.

Did I mentioned that the regular porridge is only RM2? Where else can you find great-tasting porridge for such an attractive price. Head there right away and take me with you.

4 comments:

Shen said...

Agree. Visit my previous write up on this place.

http://shenspeaks.com/2007/02/24/kuching-porridge

Shen said...

Agree. Visit my previous write up on this place.

http://shenspeaks.com/2007/02/24/kuching-porridge.aspx#comment-430327

Galvin said...

nica???? =P

Anonymous said...

hehe i went there once only too. it tasted.... heavenly.... haha!