Saturday 14 July 2007

Deceitful Starbucks!

Starter:
I have added a new label called "Only In Kuching" since a lot of my posts are about Kuching.


Not that I'm a fan of Starbucks Coffee, but it has finally hit the shores of Kuching. Miaoland's first Starbucks outlet is at the Kuching International Airport, of all places!

I'm particularly careful when ordering at any Starbucks outlet. They have a deceitful way of squeezing as much money as possible from you.

For example, they might ask what kind of syrup we would like with our coffee - Hazelnut syrup, Someothernut syrup or Whateverocipalanut syrup that will cost you an additional RM1.70 when in fact we can simply decline it and opt for coffee WITHOUT syrup.

Adding whipped cream will also cost you RM1.70 when the price of a kopi peng at most kopitiams will cost less than RM1.70. I suppose its fine if you would like to visit Starbucks once in a while and drink the ambiance.

With that being said, I noticed something peculiar, or should I say, redundant about the Store/Opening Hours signboard.....

Hmmm.....

5 comments:

Esther said...

How exciting- Starbucks!!!That'll be the first place I'm heading for the moment i step in Kch airport

Anonymous said...

They forgot "Weekends 6:00am-11:00pm".

Anonymous said...

been there wif anson. saw that too. haha~! very redundant i mus say.

Anonymous said...

lol? they charge for whipped cream? that's bs...it's free over here (last i checked anyways)

Galvin said...

Yeah man. Otherwise typical Asians would want free whipped cream refills even though they don't like it.